Wednesday 18 June 2014

Get into internet shopping

During my chemo I avoided infection throughout by being super careful. I worked from home (when I felt well enough) and apart from my daily walks, didn't go out very often. I was absolutely committed to getting through the full six cycles without any delays so that meant staying well. This meant that shopping was a definite no-no! So we started ordering from Ocado and I have to say that they were fantastic! They gave us a voucher after our first order, and then when they saw I was going through chemo, they gave us another £20 voucher! They were also really helpful in packing the shopping in the right bags for easy unpacking, and their delivery drivers are lovely. Amanda.

I agree, online shopping is a must. If I ran out of the odd item, I had a fantastic support of friends and family who I could call on and who were more than happy to pick me up the odd bottle of milk etc. I was also super careful and didn't want to risk the thought of picking up an infection purely by running into the shop for one grocery item. Any infection at all and your next chemo session would be delayed but more importantly, your immune system is extremely low and any infection could be potentially life threatening so the easiest option is to not do it!! Debbie.





No comments:

Post a Comment