Tuesday 10 June 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to Amanda and Deb's breast cancer tips blog. We met through the joys of chemotherapy and thought it might be helpful to share what we've learnt during the fun of cancer treatment in 2014.

A bit about me... (Amanda) I was diagnosed with grade 3, stage 2b Triple Negative Breast Cancer in December of 2013 at the age of 40. I've since had a lumpectomy, six cycles of chemotherapy (three FEC and three Docetaxel) and 23 cycles of radiotherapy. I've learnt an incredible amount, met some great (and very brave people) and I'm now getting started on life after cancer!

A bit about me...(Debbie) I was diagnosed with grade 1 & 2 (3 separate lesions), stage 1b Breast Cancer in December 2013 at the age of 44. All 3 lesions were oestrogen +, her2-. I had a mastectomy and immediate reconstruction followed by 6 cycles of chemotherapy (three FEC and three Docetaxel). It was during cycle 2 that I met Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment