Friday 12 September 2014

Fighting fit

I felt pretty proud and emotional this evening as I completed what might seem to the outside world like a pretty normal kick boxing class. Last week I also managed to run 10k, albeit pitifully slowly, which I consider to be a significant step forward (if you forgive the pun). When I was going through cancer, I longed to know what it would be like on the other side, and read lots of negative stuff about ongoing fatigue, chemo brain, weight gain and other fun stuff. Well, although everyone's different, apart from feeling a little more tired than usual, and not quite shaking off the dry mouth, I feel pretty great. My fitness levels have returned almost to pre-cancer levels, my brain seems to be functioning as well as ever (apart from some odd confusion when it comes to dates for some reason) and I feel like I'm well and truly back. So if you're longing for the end of treatment, hang on in there...when you're better, you will recover very quickly, so relax, look after yourself and your time will come.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment