Sunday 9 November 2014

Warning: your hair might grow back ridiculous

Many people advised that my hair might grow back curly. Others said that it could come back a completely different colour. Few predicted that I would be working a full-on 70s Northern Soul vibe only a few months after treatment. My initial joy to have hair at all has now been replaced by wry confusion at this untameable barnet. I am on my first 'big' holiday after treatment. Having a truly marvellous time. However, my 'hair' has taken on a personality all of its own. Formerly straight with a slight kink and a light mousey colour au naturel, it is now a very dark brown, almost black and almost afro. In the mornings I style it to look as pixie-crop-like as possible. Then throughout the day it grows vertically and curls up on itself until it looks like it belongs to someone else entirely. No-one would suspect that I had cancer only a few months ago, but they were right when they warned..it could come back curly. And...most of my eyelashes fell out again annoyingly. I would suggest that you give them about six months or so to recover before subjecting them to too much beautification, and as for the hair..embrace it...or start a 70s tribute act.

Amanda

What I could look like without 'product'

No comments:

Post a Comment