Sunday 18 January 2015

Hair update - seven months on

When my hair started to grow back, I was desperate to know how long it would take to look good again. For a while it was passable (and as Debbie will confirm anyone who loves you will maintain that you have never looked better) and then I hit a hair crisis. Just before Christmas (six months after treatment), I saw an old college tutor of mine who said, "What on earth have you done to your hair?", and a 6-year old friend of the family declared that I looked just like her Grandmother. I stormed to the hairdresser and demanded that she give me extensions there and then. She gently refused but suggested that I go back to blonde and wait until March to have the extensions when my hair would be long enough to cover them. I conceded, and she dyed my hair a light blonde, didn't touch the top at all and cut the sides. She then shaped it into a spikey do so at least it looks now like a bold intention rather than a sneaky aim to get pensioner's rates on the bus. I'm not a huge fan, but I do feel lots better. It's also growing at a real pace now (still vertically and still super curly) but it's about two and a half inches long on top, so hang on in there!


I'm now almost 8mths since the end of chemo and am six weeks hair growth 'short' of Amanda's hair so whenever I see her, I look at her and know that in six weeks time, my hair will be just like hers.
Mine is very curly and dark and also growing upbank but I actually like it and don't think I'll have long hair again. Let's face it, once you've been bald, any sort of hair is welcomed.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment