Just stopping by to give you an update on Amanda following our latest visit to the hospital today.
- Met with the consultant neurosurgeon earlier. She was good.
- None the wiser on what it is yet though. The multi-disciplinary team met at
lunchtime to discuss the case today and reviewed the scans. Some said
it could be a fresh tumour, some said it could be breast related.
The consultant indicated that she thought it was related to her breast cancer
but until they extract it, they won't know for sure. They still don't know
100% whether it is cancerous.
- It will be removed but we don't know when.
- Amanda is now on a "short notice" list so she could conceivably have the
operation with just 48 hours' notice, but she will be operated on by mid-
- Conversation was positive, and despite the obvious risks associated with
operations in that area of the body, there was nothing to suggest that it's
So although it is frustrating that we still don't know for sure what it is, we know it's a priority and we remain optimistic.
Thanks for taking the time to read as always.
Husband of Amanda.