Tuesday 30 June 2015

Brain surgery - Albaneasy as 1, 2, 3...

Well, the session with Ms Albanese was a good one. She was very pleased with my progress and alarmed by my cheeks in equal measure; she will be speaking to my oncologist about possibly reducing the steroid dosage (hurrah!). I thanked her whole-heartedly for what she has done for me, which, there are no two ways about it, saved my life. It is amazing to think that only a month ago, my life and cognitive function were in her hands. She graciously said that we had done it together and that I had played a great part in my recovery. However, I can't help but feel that her contribution was somewhat greater than mine.

She said that she hoped to never see me again, but that if she did, there is radio surgery for smaller lesions and cancerous brain tumours. Makes interesting reading if you want to take a look.

So, onto the next brain blast...

Amanda


I suspect brain surgery is more complex than this


No comments:

Post a Comment