Sunday 5 July 2015

The unwelcome acupuncture patient

Yesterday was my worst day so far in Breast Cancer 2: The Return. I woke up with a hideous migraine, profound nausea and extreme exhaustion - not the "I'm absolutely exhausted" nonsense that I used to complain about when I was well, but bone aching tiredness from head to toe. I had an acupuncture session booked in the morning, but spent it filling the acupuncturist's washing up bowl (he was incredibly kind fortunately). I then came home and felt thoroughly dreadful for the rest of the day. Although there are only two weeks to go, it does feel like an uphill trek. What I've noticed is that when you are physically struggling, the emotional, spiritual and mental challenges seem to ramp up too. All you can do is focus on the positives - the tumour has gone, it was detected quickly before it had chance to spread and I'm a third of the way through treatment. So for now, that's a result.

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment