Wednesday 1 July 2015

Counting down

Well I have once again proved to be absolutely thorough. I have observed the list of side effects to radiotherapy to the brain and am committed to ticking them off. Sorry...slightly melodramatic, but after only two days I am feeling thoroughly fed up. The radiotherapy itself is quick and painless. The after effects not so much. Each day I've got home and flaked out completely, not moving until the following morning. The head pain starts a couple of hours later and is, even for a migraine veteran like myself, pretty unbearable. I feel sick as a parrot and the thought of food turns my already enormous stomach. So, I've called my oncologist to see if there's anything they can suggest, and I'm hoping that the acupuncture will help. On a positive note though, I've started, so I will inevitably finish...and in less than three weeks it will all be over.

Amanda

Me feeling a bit sorry for myself


No comments:

Post a Comment