Hi all, Dean here.
Excuse the rushed nature of this post, I've copied/pasted direct from the Facebook post I posted a short while back.
Hospital called late this afternoon. They've held their multidisciplinary team meeting today have have decided the most effective way of dealing with the reoccurrence of the cancer on Amanda's brain is by further surgery.
It's not ideal, and having read lots about the alternative 'Cyber Knife' treatment in the past few days, we were kind of gearing ourselves towards that without the complications and trauma that major surgery on the brain would involve (and the after effects too).
Surgery will not take place until week commencing 7th September (the lead neurologist is on annual leave next week) so there's a degree of frustration at the delay, but Amanda is still recovering from radiotherapy and also the medication she is currently on is managing her condition and that this time lapse will not affect things. Being ultra cynical, the speed in which the growth returned seems to me at odds with what they said earlier this evening (about the time lapse), but they're the experts.
So we're facing up to another almighty battle. We've not particularly received this news very well. But we go on.
I wrote this in reply to someone a couple of nights back. It very much stands right now.
"No more prayers, no more positive thoughts, just the rub of the green and a big slice of luck will do please. That's all we ask."