Saturday 26 September 2015

The last twist in the tale?

All stitches now removed 
The last fortnight has been challenging emotionally, physically and mentally. After my second cranial surgery, recovery has been slow and I have felt like a wobbly jelly. I haven't been able to walk or do much really, and the highlight of the last few weeks has been going to church. I have been dreadfully emotional and weak as a kitten. Without Dean, I would not be able to even get up in the morning and certainly couldn't do anything apart from basic tasks. I am so grateful to him that it is impossible to express.


So the next stage is Gamma surgery. I have to recover first from the latest cranial surgery and then I am on the last lap, travelling down to Birmingham for a final blitz. My tumour has gone so there's no reason to worry. My surgeon will work alongside the Birmingham team and she hopes to never see me again. I am desperate to start making progress - I would love my face to look normal, and it is still unclear whether my hair will grow back. But each day is a blessing, and despite looking like a octogenarian balloon, I'm still standing and ready for the final hurdle.

Amanda 



3 comments:

  1. You are my hero!! Truely inspirational!! A Massive (but gentel) high 5 ✋... Good luck in the next stage of your journey... Dean your a good egg!! He he much love and hugs to you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete