Tuesday 15 September 2015

Where do I start?

As someone who loves language, I would absolutely love to express the last few weeks in a new and incredibly insightful way. However, instead, I have a head full of clichés (and stitches). It's almost impossible to describe the last few weeks. I was absolutely devastated to find out that the cancer was back at lightning speed, and despite my faith, support from incredible friends and family and as much strength as I could muster, I was still quite powerfully affected by the news. As a Christian, I am confident of reaching Heaven, but I also don't feel ready to leave the people I love. I knew that my chances were pretty poor before the cancer returned so quickly. People with this aggressive form of cancer tend to have a very short life span. But the tumour has been removed, hopefully never to return. The margins were good. We are cautiously optimistic that it will never come back. So in many ways I have been very fortunate. It'll be a long road to recovery, but it's a road I am blessed to be taking. Many people won't be this lucky.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment