Sunday 25 October 2015

Pre-funeral funeral

Sunday 25th October 2015

Written by Dean on behalf of Amanda.

We visited my favourite church today, St Lawrence's at Biddulph. What was intended to be a loose invitation to those who were interested turned out to be a really special event.

It was so lovely to see so many family and friends there and Trevor, the vicar, did a wonderful job despite the complexities of managing a christening service at the same time and the difficulties he faced this week dealing with the funeral of 17 year old Jordan Burndred, who died recently when on holiday in Cyprus. I've said many times that I'm very very fortunate to be surrounded by friends. As much as it's unbearable to see the suffering of those around me, I am completely at peace.

St Lawrence's Church, Biddulph

I appreciate that it's harder for those that I love than it is for me. I want to make the most of all the time I have left & feel very lucky to have time to say my goodbyes properly.

There are a lot of challenges for my family and friends with coming to terms with this news. But as part of my faith, I believe there will be an answer.

Believe it or not, I actually really enjoyed today. There are not many people who get to experience a pre-funeral funeral. I often thought it would be better to have a funeral before you die so that you get to hear the nice things people say about you :)

It's very important to me that everyone supports each other when I'm gone. I know you all will. 


No comments:

Post a Comment