Monday 16 November 2015

Thank you for the memories


Monday 16th November

Wow! 
What an event! (Yes, it's even worthy of additional punctuation). I couldn't have dreamt of a more special occasion.

I was absolutely thrilled to celebrate such a special day with so many of my amazing friends and colleagues. I was deeply touched and moved by the groundswell of emotion and it was a real privilege to be able to be there while I still felt well. Even the much maligned hamster cheeks and Trappist monk hairdo could not have hampered my enjoyment. The circumstances were (just a touch) unusual but this special occasion created lots of memories to be treasured.
I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who showed their support. I give you my heartfelt thanks and if you're not name checked it's not that I have forgotten about you, you just being there was wonderful. We know people travelled from far and wide (from Sheffield to Shelton, from Chelmsford to Cobridge). I just loved every minute of it.

Particular highlights for me were:


  • Lady Kate Copeland's incredibly moving rendition of 'With A Little Help From My Friends'. A spine tingling belter which really resonated with me. She's not only a gifted advertising director but also a real musical talent.
  • The heart-felt speeches by Jo, Ally, Rachel, Kath, Fanny, Lucy, Andrew, Nada, Sam & Michele, David's mum, Dean and of course David.
  • Michala and her amazing mum who helped to create the fantastic 'This is Your Life' memory book and who made the delicious cakes.
  • Nick for creating the memory tree. I cried and laughed in equal measure when I went through it this morning.
  • Humbert, my kick boxing instructor bringing me a Stoke City shirt signed by all the players.
  • All the management and staff at The Church Bar & Restaurant who made us all feel so welcome and laid on a fantastic spread. Where else could you enjoy delicious food in such unusual yet delightful surroundings? 
  • The ever efficient Yes Agency team, thanks in particular to Karen and Kate for all their hard work behind the scenes.
  • Gill and Jo who acted as David's 'Yes' team on the day.


The biggest thank you of all goes to David Patrick for organising it all (with a little help from his and my friends) and for his generosity in organising the support for the charities that are so special to me.


I found the event overwhelming and incredibly special. I'll never forget it.

Amanda

Never a truer word said...


Words by chocolate. Not sure how long the chocolate will last...



No comments:

Post a Comment