Thursday 11 February 2016

The new normal

Life has settled into a little routine and for that I am grateful. However, there are still some complex challenges. Dean and his lovely sister Kath are providing pretty much round-the-clock support for his Mum. She's in a lot of discomfort and and it's heart-breaking for his Dad and the whole family.

I'm feeling OK and have been taking walks in the fresh air as the weather has improved. As always it's been just amazing to be supported by my friends and to spend precious time with them: old and new. To those who are not in my shoes, it's difficult to explain how you can feel peaceful in this situation but trust me, you can. I feel like every sunny morning, every laugh with a friend and every minute with my family is like a gift from God.

Speaking of which, on Thursday, Dad and I went to a healing mission in Costa Coffee (believe it or not). We were prayed for and I felt really uplifted. 

No-one can determine how long they have to live; clearly there are standard expectations, but many of my cancer contemporaries are still going strong, so I pray that I will follow their lead. Whatever happens, I am grateful to have had plenty of time with those I love.

And to finish, this is as accurate a representation of my hair as you're ever going to get...(half new born monkey, half coconut).

Amanda







3 comments:

  1. It is an absolute privilege to know such an amazing person as you Amanda. May you continue to spend precious time with family and friends.God bless you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete